How can kbarcode be included back in to the Ubuntu repositories?
Where can I suggest that this be included back?
Yesterday I compiled kbarcode for kde4 from source to suit U12.04.4LTS.
Which turned out to be a relatively straight forward and painless process.
The remarkable thing is kbarcode worked first go!
1) set up git for src code, which is here kbarcode-git repository
2) figure out cmake, (man cmake and simple cmake howto)
3) use apt-file to find packages for missing libraries
4) install missing kde4 libraries
5) compile with cmake
6) use checkinstall to make a debian package and install on system
Now I have a freshly brewed kbarcode-kde4_20140215-1_amd64.deb for my U12.04.4LTS boxen, Sweeeet!