I have desktop with Asrock 990FX with two SSD disks. The first disk is used for Windows 8.1, the second disk I would like to use for Ubuntu.
I did boot a USB stick as UEFI, installation passed successfully and after reboot I get:
no boot media found
- I've also tried to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
- I do press F11 during desktop startup in order to choose boot device.
- I can boot USB stick in UEFI mode. I see it in options.
- Ubuntu reports that it was been installed on separate HDD.
- I do reboot and... see
Insert boot media.
- I try to boot as default (Ubuntu HDD goes first in boot list). No luck.
- I try to boot from Ubuntu HDD using special menu (F11). No luck.
- It's impossible to boot Windows 8.1 by selecting it's HDD in the list. I have special menu item "Windows boot manager". If I click on it, it runs.
Looks like Ubuntu should have a similar menu item, but it doesn't.
What do I do wrong?