I am planning to switch from Windows 8.1 to Ubuntu soon (maybe in April when 14.04 is out). I already installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my PC, but got the feeling it doesn't run smoothly. I got to admit I have no idea of Linux at all... So I didn't even manage to install the latest Nvidia driver lol But that's just a matter of practice and changing habits - so np
The other thing is my hardware - I just recently bought some new decend hardware for my rig and didn't pay attention on Linux/Ubuntu compatibility. Can anyone tell me, if it is even possible to run Ubuntu smoothly on my PC?
- MSI H87-G43 (mainboard)
- Intel Xeon e3 1230v3 (CPU)
- Nvidia GTX570 (GPU from MSI) (is there an Afterburner version for linux?)
- 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 (Ram - 2x4GB)
- KINGSTON SKC300S37A240G (SSD)
- 2 other HDDs
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX (Soundcard)
- Wireless Xbox 360 controller
So, can anyone tell me if there might be problems regarding my hardware!?
PS: If I install 13.04, can I easily update to 14.04, or do I have to install everything again?