Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've been using Sublime for quite some time now and bringing up the palate with Ctrl+shift+P has always been my go to shortcut. All this in Ubuntu 13.10.

However, I recently lost the ability to use this anymore and had to change it to Q instead of P. Now, I tried looking for shortcuts and seeing if something is overriding it but can't seem to do so. Is there any way, other than uninstalling everything, to find this assignment?

If anyone knows of a program which uses Ctrl+shift+P as a shortcut, please let me know.

share|improve this question
ctrl-shift-P seems to be "print to file" for various random applications, and defined somewhere unfindable in Gnome. At least, I spent over an hour trying to find it withough success. – FuzzyChef Jan 2 '15 at 21:50

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.