I've prepared a PC for installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside Windows Vista. These are the steps I've taken:
- Shrunk the C: drive to create 60GB for Ubuntu. The Disk Management utility confirms that part of the disk is unallocated.
- I put Ubuntu on a USB stick using the USB installer provided at pendrivelinux.com.
- I then booted my PC from the USB stick and the installation process began.
- At the welcome screen I selected "Install Ubuntu"
- At the Preparing to Install Ubuntu screen all the conditions were satisfied.
- At the installation type I selected the option to install Ubuntu alongside them.
Then the message pops up:
Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition.
Can anyone explain how to overcome this?