Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a Tenda TWL541U wireless usb card and I cannot make it work with Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits. I've tried the Windows XP drivers with ndiswrapper to no avail. In Windows 7 I've made it work with using the Vista 64 driver. Does anyone can help? I'm quite a noob in Ubuntu.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Luis Alvarado Mar 14 '13 at 17:09

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Ok, so I did make it work. It was quite hard to find the driver. I did a lsub command in terminal to find witch manufacturer made my card and it turns out was Marvell. After that I found that was a 88W8338 card. Googled it and found a driver named D00000055_87, downloaded it, and after that (since my ubuntu is a 64 bit one) used the driver 64 bit in the file, with ndiswrapper. Then, violá!, wifi with ubuntu.

share|improve this answer

May be this will work.

share|improve this answer
it doesn't. As I said before, even with ndiswrapper and ndisgtk, It didn't work. I've tried with the vista drivers and with the xp ones, with no result. My version of ubuntu is 10.10 64bit – Habkost Sep 11 '10 at 18:45
While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. – stephenmyall Aug 16 '12 at 15:59

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.