My keyboard layout is supposed to be the Swiss-French keyboard (QWERTZ, pretty similar to the English QWERTY). Here is what's really happening:
- When the login screen appears, the keyboard layout is correct (QWERTZ). I know that because I can enter my password.
- When I log in, the keyboard layout switches to QWERTY, even though the only configured layout is QWERTZ. The icon in the tray displays Swiss French and there is no other choice in the drop-down menu.
- When I click the already selected option Swiss French in the drop-down menu, it realizes its mistake and gives me the correct QWERTZ keyboard layout.
- I'm using 13.10 on an Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop.
- Only my (cursed?) session has this problem on the computer.