I would like to know if there is a way to write or modify a simple program (I don't really care what language it'll use) that can be launched in GUI mode and will display formated text and URL that will open in a web-browser by a simple clic.
A good example of the program I would like to run is the "About - Information" window that can be found on most programs, example :
It has everything I look for :
- Simple windows using same theme as the DE
- No menu
- Possibility of displaying images
- Formated text (bold, italic, font-size)
- URL links with custom clickable name
- Buttons (that one is not really important, it could be usefull but I'm afraid it's too hard to configure "actions" for my level in development)
My idea would be going for something like that (where orange is a URL link) :
Note : I just drew that, it isn't an existing program.
I unfortunately don't have time to learn a developer language like C++, Python, QT, but I can examine a file with gedit (or alike) and adapt the content, that shouldn't be really difficult as I have experience on looking at configuration files and modifying them, you know, to see what would happen if I change this or that.
Are there any prebuilt code I could use and/or modify ?
PS: HTML would have been great but apparently there's no easy way to achieve this, nor prebuilt "html interpretator non web-browser" I could use.