I need to migrate my dedicated server to a new one:
- Both server are hosted remotely, I've no access to physical machines, only root ssh
- The old server is running Ubuntu server 13.10, 3.11.0-14-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 17:04:55 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/
- The old server have software RAID ( /dev/md )
- The new server have hardware RAID!!!!
- The new server have larger disk and different partitioning (it's a new Ubuntu 13.10 clean install)
What is the best way to clone all the installation to a remote machine?
Is rsync of the root directory a good way? What subdirs I've to exculde considering I've the software raid on the old server and hardware raid on the new one, so I don't want mdadm configuration to be copied to the new one.