Here is my situation:
- I installed Xubuntu 13. 10
- I added the Cinnamon PPA and installed Cinnamon 2. 0
- I removed all the GNOME stuff, that came with Xubuntu
- Everything went fine so far...but...
These are my settings:
- In my Power settings the following is set:
- When lid is closed (on battery):suspend
- When lid is closed (on AC):do nothing
- In my lock settings I set that there should be a password prompt, after going to suspend/waking up
Now this strange behaviour:
If I close my lid, be it on battery or on AC power, the notebook suspends. But after waking it up, there is no password prompt. If I manually activate suspend mode (special key on keyboard/system menu) there is a password prompt after waking up.
My question: Why is this happening? Why does the power daemon (there is only "upowerd" running) ignores my power settings? What software/settings has to be installed/set to make this work properly?