There are plenty of threads on this topic, I've tried every solution mentioned there:
- Different version of Ubuntu (Kubuntu 13.10, Kubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 12.04)
- Using USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports
- Different Live USB creation software (Linux Live USB Creator, unetbootin, Universal USB Installer, Kubuntu Startup Disk Creator)
- Switching from IDE to ACHI
- UEFI and legacy boot
- Disabling secure boot.
- Replacing "quiet splash" with "nomodeset" in GRUB
- Plugging out hard disk
- Using different USB drives (regular USB stick, external USB HDD)
But I still get the same error every time. No difference.
My PC is a brand new computer, all systems are functioning well (I tried to install Windows 8, it works just fine).
- Motherboard: GA-970A-DS3P
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
- Graphic adaptor: AMD Radeon HD 5770 (Vapor-X)
What to try next? Please help me prove to my husband that Ubuntu can be installed everywhere, I am out of ideas.