My current setup:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
My partition setup is this. (I used EasyBCD to resolve Grub) I followed this tutorial. It works flawlessly but i seldom use win7, so i plan to install win7 in virtualbox, and just delete win7 and install another distro.
- sda1 - (Probably system reserved for windows???)
- sda2 - Drive C
- sda3 - Drive D (NTFS), shared by both Win7 and Ubuntu
- sda5 - /boot (This is where i installed ubuntu)
- sda6 - /
- sda7 - swap
- sda8 - /home
My questions are:
- Since i installed Grub in /boot and use EasyBCD to fix Grub so that it appears during boot time,Is it okay to just delete the windows 7 partitions? Both Drive C and Drive D. Wouldn't i have a problem with booting since i think win7 takes control of the MBR???
- What's the best linx distro to work alongside ubuntu 12.04 with shared /home partition.
Thanks in advance.