I noticed some issues concerning the graphics after I upgraded from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. More specifically:
- Dash tends to be more "laggy" than it used to be.
- When I switch desktops you can clearly see the screen going frame by frame.
- Menu bar is also "laggy". When I open GIMP, the menu bar is useless after a while - it takes seconds to refresh.
The problems seem to appear after some seconds of use. When I boot the system everything works fine, until some more graphics-intensive program starts (Firefox, GIMP, etc).
/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p reports:
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.2.1 Not software rendered: yes Not blacklisted: yes GLX fbconfig: yes GLX texture from pixmap: yes GL npot or rect textures: yes GL vertex program: yes GL fragment program: yes GL vertex buffer object: yes GL framebuffer object: yes GL version is 1.4+: yes Unity 3D supported: yes
I use an Asus Zenbook UX31A with:
- Intel® Core i5 Ivy Bridge
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
Thank you in advance for any answer!