I had this same problem. For some reason libhal is not in the repos!!!
So, you must follow the solutions on
Follow them, and make sure you have spaces in the commands (i.e. sudo(SPACE)mkdir(SPACE)
Here is what the site says (with some minor editing):
You can get these sites (websites that use Digital Rights Management, like Amazon) working in Ubuntu but it is gettting harder and harder
e.g. the 'hal' packages have now been deleted from the ubuntu 13.10 repos !
here is what you need to do:
1) make sure you are using firefox or chromium
if you are using chrome make sure the pepper flash plugin is turned off
2) if using ubuntu version 13.10 must download and install these raring(13.04) .debs because they have been deleted from the 13.10 repos:
3) Once the debs are installed, then patch hal by executing the following shell commands:
(this will make the appropriate directories, and start hald in the backgound)
sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe
sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/information
/usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes
4) close the browser and clear the Adobe Access directories by executing the following shell commands: (rm -rf removes all files, recursively (r), which means it includes all subdirectories and forces(f) them to be removed)
rm -rf ~/.adobe
5) need to reset licence files (this is critical too !):
6) test via:
7) paste in this video url:
Hopefully hal will be restored to the ubuntu repos.