I was upgrading from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10 and during the installation Alt + Tab was not working. Downloading packages was over. During Setting Up, I minimised the terminal and after that I could not see the terminal again. Launcher was not working. System remained idle for some time. I shut it down by using power button. Now, when I restarted the system,
- Login screen said that I am using Ubuntu 13.10
- For sometime after logging in, the screen flashed
- Alt+ Tab is not working, Launcher is also not working
- If I minimise any window, I cannot open it again
- Whenever I run firefox, gvim using terminal, their GUI is OK but terminal outputs some errors
- There is no network symbol, date etc.
- System is working slow.
- System is emitting lot of heat even when only firefox runs.
- No data loss during updating.
- Ubuntu selection screen shows both Ubuntu and windows 8, but in nautilus, Windows drives are not shown.
Is there any solution to this problem? I tried running
sudo dpkg --configure -a, but it didn't solve the problem completely and created new problems. Now, after restart, my keyboard input is in devanagari and not in english.