It is my Pidgin Show Conversation script alpha 0.1.2. It is not perfect, but has functionality.
It works well with Pidgin. See this video.
obs.: if you are lazy you can just run this at terminal and skip to step "5"
sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install xdotool compizconfig-settings-manager && cd ~/ && wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4098082/.pidginfocus.sh && sudo chmod +x ~/.pidginfocus.sh
1) We will need XDoTool and Compiz.
You can install these from the software center (or by clicking here)
2) Make a file
.pidginfocus.sh in your home folder.
3) Paste this into it:
# by desgua
# To focus at conversation when the mouse is at botton
while [ "$var1" != "end" ]
eval $(xdotool getmouselocation --shell)
if [ "$Y" -gt "680" ] ; then
xdotool search --class Pidgin windowmap ; else
xdotool search --class Pidgin windowunmap ; exit 0
4) Make it executable (Here's how to do that)
5) Open Compiz (Menu > System > Preferences > CompizConfig Manager)
6) Go to Commands and add
~/.pidginfocus.sh to one command
7) And use Edge Binding (Botton) to run it.
8) Now go to Compiz > Enable Place Windows and set the role conversation to be opened at botton:
You may need to adjust the numbers according with your screen resolution.