I want to play games on the vice emulator on ubuntu 14.04. I have never managed to get vice working in ubuntu.What are the steps needed to achieve this?
You can compile the native version pretty easily (well...). Tested with version 2.4. (compact instructions --- tell me if you need more details).
1) download the last version from http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/
2) unpack it where you want
3) install required dev libraries:
4) configure, compile and install (it will go in
5) if you machine is 64 bit, do the following (as root)
(this is probably a bug; the emulator will search the ROMS in /usr/local/lib even if the installation is a 64 bit one and the
6) Enjoy! (this thing evokes a tear... my first computer ever was a C64. If only I did not lose my discs...)