This question already has an answer here:
I am currently unable to boot my ubuntu and am currently writing on my dual-booted windows 8.1.
I'll quickly wrap-up what I did before.
- got ubuntu 13.04, played around a bit. Installed nvidia drivers, readonly-mounted an earlier SSD with Windows 8 on it
- after this I got a whitescreen and thought I'd better go with ubuntu 12.04
- can't boot it, getting a black screen.
What I already tried:
- reinstalling 12.04 (didn't change anything)
- running boot-repair (didn't change anything)
- running it with "nomodeset" in grumb vs. nvidia problems (didn't work, couldn't get any further)
So what I got now is the URL from boot-repair paste.ubuntu.com/6219606 and I also managed to check out my ubuntu partition in windows (boot.log is empty but a "dmesg"-file has some information, but I don't know wheter how or if at all to share that).
Thanks for any attempt in helping me.