My computer has windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 on a dual boot with grub, and I want to upgrade to 13.04 with a fresh install and grow the partition.
the method I want to follow is this one:
- Go to the windows disk management and format swap and Ubuntu partition
- grow partition with disk management (from 30 GB to 120 GB)
- boot on bootable usb stick install Ubuntu 13.04 along side windows 7 like in this post
My questions are:
- will this mess with grub?(more unusable boot options or something)
- is it safer to use windows disk manager application for formatting the partitions instead of gparted?
- imagine I can't install Ubuntu after I formatted the partitions, will this make my machine unbootable? how do I solve this?