I'm a complete newbie to ubuntu, I've already installed and reinstalled the Broadcom driver required done a numerous amount of steps on terminal but I can't seem to get wireless working. However, my wired connection seems to work just fine.
also I have tried to follow the instructions but get stuck at step number 2 when i get told "No package dpkg is available":
1) Download the file from the link
2) sudo yum install dpkg
3) mkdir BCM43142
4) dpkg-deb -x Downloads/wireless-bcm43142-dkms-22.214.171.124_amd64.deb BCM43142
5) cd BCM43142/usr/src/wireless-bcm43142-oneiric-dkms-126.96.36.199~bdcom0602.0400.1000.0400/src/wl/sys
6) sudo yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers
7) vi wl_linux.c
8) around line 43, remove the line
9) save the file (:wq)
10) cd ../../..
Things should work, and you'll have a file called "wl.ko" in the current directory.
12) sudo yum remove broadcom-wl
13) sudo mkdir -p /lib/modules/3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64/extra/wl
14) sudo cp wl.ko /lib/modules/3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64/extra/wl
15) sudo depmod -a
16) sudo modprobe wl
I really need help :/