Nautilus use to have the label for the file system in it's tree as "File System". Recently that was changed to now show "Computer" in the tree to open the file system. Regardless of why this change was made, how do I change it back?
As far as I know... to change this label you should edit the nautilus Source Code.
NOTE: In this example I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 with nautilus (Files) 3.6.3
1) Make sure you have enable the Source code repository
Just in case I use the "Main Server" to Download.
2) Open a Terminal and install the necessary packages.
3) Install build dependencies
4) Create a folder to download the source code.
5) Download the source code.
6) Edit the file "nautilus-places-sidebar.c"
Search for the line 3261 to edit.
Replace "Computer" for "File System".
In one command would be:
7) Go to the "nautilus-3.6.3" folder to build the deb packages.
8) Now you can install the deb packages.
9) Finally you can logout and Login to see the changes.
Hope it helps.
You'd need to get the raring nautilus source, edit
The edit would be something like this, -