I'm new to Ubuntu 13.04. I want a 'refresh' option, like in Windows when you right click on desktop. Can anyone help me to get that option in Ubuntu?
1) Open a Terminal window and type the following to install the necessary packages.
2) Create a folder to download the deb package.
3) Download the nautilus-refresh_0.6~ppa1-0~11~precise1_all.deb package from Launchpad.
4) If you are running Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit.. create the following soft link.
NOTE:If you are running 32-bit you can skip the step 4.
5) Intall the deb package.
6) Finally you can logout and Login to see the changes.
Hope this helps.
When in any folder (this includes the desktop), hit the F5 key to refresh.
To also add the refresh option to the right-click menu, check this answer (thanks Saurav Kumar).
This is not necessary because items added to the
If you really need to, press F5.