I have ubuntu 13.04 and kde 4.11.1 My problem is that firefox scrolling is slow and laggy.
I'll give you some more information:
- Firefox 23.0
- my video card is an ATI HD6870 and I have the FGLRX drivers 13.4 installed
- it's not related to flash because it happens even on web pages where there is not flash
- it's not related to ads because I use plugins to block ads
- it also happens with unity so it's not a desktop environment related problem
- it's not about the number of addons I have installed because I have done a fresh firefox installation and it happens the same and I have the same number of addons on firefox on windows and it works better on windows
- I have tried both these addons for smooth scrolling https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/yet-another-smooth-scrolling/ and https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/smoothwheel/ and the scrolling is worse with them
- I have activated "no tearing desktop" in catalyst control center because I need it when playing mkv movies and "catalyst A.I"
- I have also installed chromium and it's much smoother and faster and I have no scrolling problems with it so
- I also have a notebook with ubuntu 13.04, kde and same firefox version with same addons, it has a nvidia video card and scrolling is much smoother and faster in firefox rather than on my computer with the ati video card
Any advice to solve it? Thanks