I assembled a new computer and first installed windows 8.
When I then try to install Ubuntu 12.04 I can see ubuntu loading and I reach upto a point where I can move the mouse pointer and I can see ubuntu logo, but nothing more happens and the machine freezes.
Points to consider:
- The computer is working with windows 8.
- I have previously installed Ubuntu on my system but now I cannot install.
- I tried with different versions of Ubuntu and also Linux mint.
- Because my old Ubuntu (12.04) stopped working after I tried to install ATI
graphics drivers. so I deleted my old Ubuntu partition and I am trying to
install a new one.
- The bootable USB stick is working fine as I tried it on my friends laptop and it loaded a live session quickly.