I use a Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop as a server 'only' for OpenERP 7.0. This OpenERP server is used by both, the team as well as clients. I've checked out posts that help someone secure a 'web-server' (i.e a LAPM one).
What I need is:
- How to keep the system secure (from external threats and internal [don't tell me you haven't heard of nasty team-members who sabotage stuff when pissed off] too)?
- How do I keep the OpenERP Server secure?
- How to allow web-access to the OpenERP Server 'only' through a proxy & secure the route.
- How to backup nightly to a NAS?
- The server also 'transmits' data through another port (other than the OpenERP one). How do I add it to the proxy, etc too so that it can be accessed from the web (with or without auth)?
- Would it be safe to use it as a print-server too? If yes, what should be the config?
I understand it's a very long one, I thought it'd be better to list everything at a single place.
P.S. If you insist, I'm ready to run distro-upgrade (to 13.04) via Terminal so that I don't lose any of my current data or settings.