Take the 2-minute tour ×
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I would like to monitor what's displayed on my screen. For exemple suppose I want to make my screen wobbly (trembling like hell). THen my idea is to access the data about pixels that are supposed to be displayed, then modify their coordinates, then sending them back to the display image queue. Perhaps it's not working that way at all, I don't know? Any insight would be appreciated!

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

A part of normally working display window can be captured by

 scrot -s SCR_IMG.png 
, clicking and draggging the mouse to surround a desired part of the display by a rectangle. The
file then contains the captured part.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.