I bought a new computer, hoping to dual boot Win 8 and Ubuntu 13.04. I have successfully installed both OS, but in Ubuntu I have no connection to the internet, even though the ethernet cable is plugged in and internet works perfectly in Win 8. Already in the Ubuntu installer, it says that I have no internet connection.
Things that might be of interest:
- I have this motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87-G45-GAMING.html#specification)
- Internet did not work in Win 8 until I installed the networking drivers that came with the motherboard (Killer Ethernet something)
- I have tried different installation configurations, tried v. 13.04, 12.04 and 12.10, and tried installing on a separate hard drive. (the fact that the installer says "no internet connection" seems to indicate that the problem has nothing to do with the installation though.)
- I can't even reach my router at 192.168.0.1.
- The motherboard has no wireless capabilities.
- If I run the terminal command lspci I get the following output (among other things):
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 13)
I have spent hours and hours googling, trying many different suggested methods and not quite finding someone who seems to be having the same problem.