I am trying to install Ubuntu 13.04 on my 24Gb MSATA SSD. In my laptop, I've also got a 500Gb SATA HDD. I realize that in order for this to work I need to put my /home directory on the 500Gb HDD.
I've tried installing it by creating a ext4 partition on the SSD and a 8Gb swap partition on my HDD. This resulted in an error saying something similar to
Cannot install bootloader, please select an other location for the bootloader.
Now before I waste any more time trying to get it to work I'm going to ask a bunch of questions:
- Where should I put the swap partition?
- How big should I make the swap partition? (I've got 12Gb RAM)
- My 500Gb HDD is currently in Raid mode. Should I change that (to AHCI or IDE)?
- Where should I put the bootloader if the error message occurs again?
- How do I make the home directory point to the HDD instead of the SSD?
- Can I configure Ubuntu to install software/packages on the HDD instead of the SSD?