I've been trying to migrate my keyboard mapping from xmodmap to xkb, but I'm having some trouble. I can see where to modify the "normal" keys, in
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbol/us for me, but this file seems devoid of "special" keys, including modifiers.
The full remapping that I wish to achieve is:
- Swap left ctrl and shift
- Replace right ctrl with shift
- Replace right shift with
- Right blank key (keycode 97) to
- Left blank key (keycode 92) to
- keycode 20 = minus underscore minus underscore endash emdash
- keycode 60 = period greater period greater ellipsis
- Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 control brightness
- keycode 148 = XF86MonBrightnessDown NoSymbol XF86MonBrightnessDown
- keycode 179 = XF86MonBrightnessUp NoSymbol XF86MonBrightnessUp
How can I achieve this?