Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I.e., under Unity, what is the term for the panel that is opened when I press the super or window key that allows me to search for what I want to open or do?

I've been tripping over myself with some bug reports, so I'd like to get my terminology straight before I make any more of a fool of myself!

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

It's called the Dash. See here:

share|improve this answer
Mark duplicate? – Ingo Mar 29 '11 at 16:35

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.