I am currently running a VM of Ubuntu 10.10 within VMware Player (host & vm stats below) and I'm getting horrific lag. I've executed the initial setup of the vmware files but nothing beyond that. I'm not really sure where to go from here and any help would be awesome.
The weird thing is, its not laggy all of the time. Occasionally it'll be snappy as if it were host OS. I can't place the rhyme or reason as to why it would act that way sometimes and not others.
- Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
- Intel Q6600 (quad core cpu)
- 8 gb ram
- 4 x 500gb 7200RPM drives in Raid 10
- Ubuntu 10.10 x64
- VMware Player v3.1.3
- 3gb memory (reduced from 6 gb memory in hopes it was just a paging issue)
- 100 gb flexible drive out of a 120 gb partition