There are several questions that I hope that the community may be able to assist with:
- How do I configure DNS settings on all interfaces, including the bond/team interfaces?
- Are there other possible configurations? (declaring DNS settings as described in the official documentation does not gel well with my Project Manager)
- What are the impacts of the suggested DNS configuration?
- Are there any points that might have been missed out?
I am currently in the midst of deploying several Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS servers to a client's live environment. The current configuration consists of the following.
- The server has 8 physical network interfaces - eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3, eth4, eth5, eth6, eth7
- eth0, eth2, eth4, eth6 are configured to be active on system startup whereas eth1, eth3, eth5, eth7 are configured to be on standby on system startup
- eth0(primary)/eth2(standby) and eth4(primary)/eth6(standby) are bonded as bond0 and bond2 respectively
- bond0 and bond2 are teamed and configured to run in Active/Active mode