Hi I bought a new Seagate 2TB external hard disk. I opened the drive's application in my virtual windows, did product registration using the application present in it. I have few questions on how best to use it.
- The drive by default has some files and folders - setup.exe, System Volume Information, USB 3.0 PC Card Adapter etc,. I copied all the files to my laptop. Is it safe to delete these files? It has a dash board for windows which allows to tune power options, test the drive etc. Will I be able to use the dash board if I put back all these files and mount on windows again?
- I want to partition and format the hard disk. Data I like to store is
- Around 10 to 20 GB Files - Virtual box images.
- Around 4GB Files - Dvd images.
- Other Movies and personal Files. What is the best filesystem to store very huge files like 10 to 20GB files. So that they are written and accessed fast also best uses the drive's capacity.
- If I leave one of the partition as ntfs and others to different files systems, will it be able to mount on windows and Will I be able to use the device's dash board?
Note: I dont need any encryption for my data.
Any other advice on using the hard disk is also welcome.