I've searched the forums and still wasn't able to find an answer to my issue. The card just refuses to come up no matter what I do. I don't see it under /dev or with ifconfig.
Here is some info on what I'm running and what I've tried:
- I am running a clean install of 12.04 with the latest updates
- I built Ceton drivers per README file found on Ceton's website
- If I modify /etc/network/interfaces to include ctn0 device, my network stops working alltogether!
I can see the Ceton card with lspci -k command:
02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Device 1b7c:0004 (rev 01) Subsystem: Device 1b7c:0004 Kernel modules: ctn91xx
I can see "Ceton HW Driver" "enabled" if I go System Settings->Additional Drivers
- I cannot try this card under Windows as my desktop seems to be too old to install Win7 and Ceton doesn't work under WinXP
- I have PCIe video card in this system(I don't think this matters)
- I have NVIDIA RAID controller on this motherboard (again, this shouldn't matter)
- Reset script from Ceton (Python script) doesn't work either, unless I am running it incorrectly.
Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated as I am STUMPED :(
Thanks everyone for your help ahead of time.