I have a few small scripts that I use for routine tasks. They require simple parameters to run. Rather than running them from the terminal, I'd prefer to pick something from the menu, be presented with a simple window with fields to input the parameters, click a "Go" button and have the script run. I've looked at descriptions of GTK+, Qt, etc, but I'm not really sure where to start.
- a really simple framework
- preferably with a Python API
- that I can ideally create GUIs for programatically (e.g. define 5 input objects in the code, and five fields appear in the window, nothing more required - this is so that I can add and remove parameters/fields on a whim)
- it would be nice to have both text fields and dropdowns, but text fields will do
- to be able to provide simple feedback for validation and confirmation
- to be future proof against both Unity and Gnome Shell
- a simple tutorial on creating an app with this framework (again, preferably in Python)