Take the 2-minute tour ×
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there a bash command to invoke what Super+W does in Ubuntu?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

If you install xte (sudo apt-get install xautomation) you can simulate a Super+W with the:

xte 'keydown Super_L' 'keydown w' 'keyup Super_L' 'keyup w'  

If you want to change the key that activates the window spread the key is located at:


In dconf. Or you can use Unity Tweak Tool.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.