I'm very new to Ubuntu and to Linux in general, and took the leap and formatted my PC to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS very recently :)
I seem to be having some trouble getting my graphics card to run properly, I looked over what information I could find but I still cannot get it up and running and figured this was a good place to ask for help.
The information I can find on my graphics is as follows:
(Terminal command) lspci
- 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4225/4250]
- 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Madison [Mobility Radeon HD 5650/5750 / 6530M/6550M]
I tried using a mixture of the following links:
But it does not seem to work, since running fglrxinfo in terminal gives:
- display: :0.0
- screen: 0
- OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
- OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x301)
- OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 9.0.3)
What am I doing wrong here?
All help appreciated ;)
Edit: I have tried the legacy driver from www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13-4-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
I also tried the guide at https://launchpad.net/~makson96/+archive/fglrx which caused the system to crash (blackscreen, no boot)
Neither seemed to work. I did however reinstall ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and re-tried both with no success.
Reintalling ubuntu did however fix the broken dependencies problems, etc.