Take the 2-minute tour ×
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm trying to port ubuntu touch to Samsung Galaxy S Plus but I'm finding it really difficult. The problems at first were to find a good CM rom as base, because this device is not officially supported by CM. Currently I'm using EhndroixIII but now I'm founding a lot of problems with the porting guide. In particular my file tree seems totally different from the one of the guide. For example, there is no device folder. What can I do to solve? Should I create those files?

My repository is https://github.com/fcole90/utouch-sgsp.git

share|improve this question
have you reached any thing interesting with your project? there was a thread on xda but then the developer gave up so I'm hoping to find someone else who have reached further. –  Mohammad AbuShady Apr 21 '14 at 7:28

1 Answer 1

The repository posted does not contain sources but the actual installed file system mangled into a git repository.

I have followed http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Unofficial_Ports#Samsung_Galaxy_S_Plus_.28GT-I9001.29 to fine a set of git repositories on which you can base on in https://github.com/skywalker01

The bad news is that the Galaxy S Plus is based out of gingerbread and our Ubuntu Touch code base is based out of jellybean+, which means more work than just following the generic porting guide would need to happen.

share|improve this answer
I don't think so because I tried many JB ports for I9001: CyanogenMod, AOKP, Ehndroix III. So if I had the correct sources I could do something. At the moment I found the following: github.com/ivendor github.com/arco github.com/skywalker01/android_device_samsung_ariesve github.com/doomsday94/CyanogenMod-10.1-ariesve –  fcole90 Jul 1 '13 at 12:24
The codename is ariesve –  fcole90 Jul 1 '13 at 12:25

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.