I downloaded Ubuntu 13.04 (amd 64 bit) iso to install it as a dual boot on my Sony Vaio SVT14116PN.
It has a pre-installed Windows 8 Pro with Secureboot enabled.
Here are the steps I followed:
- Disabled Secureboot on the BIOS
- Disabled UEFI in the BIOS
- Disabled Fast shutdown in Windows 8
- Created Bootable USB drive using Universal USB Installer. (188.8.131.52)
- I have created a 50 GB partition in Windows 8
It starts to boot from USB and displays the choice screen asking whether to try or install Ubuntu.
I clicked "Install Ubuntu".
Since I use a 3G data card to connect to the internet, I had to continue installation without internet connection.
After which I get to the following screen:
No matter which button I click ( + , - , change , continue ) I get this error:
It says Ubuntu encountered an internal error.
I tried creating the USB again but it didnt work ... any help ??
This is the error report: