First of all what happened > I made an Ubuntu live USB to install Ubuntu Raring Ringtail. After Ubuntu said that "it has installed successfully and you need to restart your computer" (Why it doesn't said that please remove any attached USB or CD/DVD before restart?) I thought it may require the USB further (I'm a newbie) so I didn't removed it. AFter restart Ubuntu started the installation setup again. Then I clicked cancel and quit the setup. It came to Desktop with a visible icon saying "install Ubuntu". I shut downed it but it got stuck in the shut down process. Finally I pulled the plug out and turned off my computer. I started it again. Is that a good install? With one mistake of Ubuntu to not telling me to deattach any connected USB, I had to do that. Now this is what I'm experiencing:
- It is always getting hanged while switching accounts. The other account just blink here and there, shows a cropped part of the desktop with nothing clickable. So cold reboot is the only method to get rid of it as I can't do anything. (In the last I've disabled all accounts including Guest).
- While on lock screen the button "Switch account" is unclickable. It is just faded away and only sometimes appear to be clickable but mostly not.
- Even after selecting Automatic login to off, it is not asking me for my password during startup and I only have to click login to go to my destop.
- As I Lock my screen, screen just turn black (why?) and only after waving my mouse a bit or pressing any key make the password field apppear.
- I can't rely on Ubuntu. Should I?
My comp. specs: Processer: Intel Core 2 Duo RAM: 1 GB Video Memory: 128 MB
Bonus Big Mistake of Ubuntu: When installing, I chose Replace Windows XP with Ubuntu. Ah! I thought it will just replace my windows XP but it wiped out my whole disk and eveything. WTF!