I have encountered a very interesting problem. Whenever I start up my Ubuntu (Unity):
- right-clicking on the desktop (wallpaper) doesn't do anything
- pressing the Win key (to bring up the dash) doesn't do anything
- left clicking on the Ubuntu icon on the left-bar brings up dash allowing to start programs normally
- if I have one program opened and click on minimize button, the application seemingly freezes
- the only way I found to 'unfreeze' the application is to try performing another action; sometimes I need to switch to different run-level, sometimes just using the shortcut to start terminal etc...
I tried looking at the log files (syslog, xorg.log, kern.log) but haven't found anything suspicious - certainly no error messages.
Are there any troubleshooting steps you guys could recommend? I haven't tried Gnome or different desktop environment (I do want to find out what is going on). Thanks in advance for any help / suggestion!