I just installed a fresh 13.04 on my macbook, but after the installation it's a bit sluggish. Several problems occur:
- In chromium and firefox, on google.com, the autocomplete search bar lags. Sometimes it takes over 2s for the typed characters to actually appear.
- Sometimes right-click menus (for instance on the desktop) take over a second to open.
- Applications are sometimes slow to resize.
- The keyboard stalls every now and then, just a short while (probably less then a minute), but it is annoying.
- Scrolling on some webpages stalls.
- Moving windows around is slow sometimes.
None of these symptoms occur on the live-usb stick. I checked to see if I've got the right graphics drivers installed, which appears to be the case.
The machine is a MacBook Air mid 2012. I really don't know what to do next.
Edit: only weird thing I can find on the system is the fact that the installer choose to use LVM for the root partition, while there is only one disk. No idea if this is normal?