This question already has an answer here:
- How do I improve boot speed? 14 answers
My Ubuntu PC boots up in 2 minutes. First minute goes for greeter session and the second minute goes for user login session. Is this normal?
My PC's main spesifications are as below:
- Ubuntu release: 12.04 (precise) 64-bit
- Kernel Linux 3.2.0-41-generic
- RAM 3.0 GiB
- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz × 2
- Available disk space: 185.7 GiB
- Besides Unity I have GNOME 3.4.2 shell - KDE shell - XFCE-XUBUNTU shell installed in.
- Also I have Oracle VM Virtualbox that Windows Vista 32 Bit installed in.
- Loaded start up apllications are: Jupiter, Dropbox, Bluetooth, My-Weather-Indicator, System Load Indicator, Mozilla Thunderbird, battery status indicator, wireless, sound settings and the clock.
Any idea that will let me to make it faster?
Thank you very much.