The sensitivity of the mouse scroll wheel famously cannot be adjusted as is explained in this question and the many duplicates asking the same.
I am wondering whether there is a simple fix available that would allow me to have two speeds: One standard as it is now and one accelerated when used in combination with a modifier key? I realize, I need to be careful not to clash with what's already there (in case I use it):
- Ctrl-MouseScroll: adjusts the zoom in many applications.
- Shift-MouseScroll: is used differently by some applications:
- no scroll (chrome)
- back and forth through browsing history (firefox)
- accelerated scroll (editor in spyder)
- horizontal scroll (libreoffice)
- normal scroll (terminal)
- no scroll (chrome, libreoffice, terminal, libreoffice)
- normal scroll (firefox)
Based on that, it would appear the Alt-Scroll would be a prime candidate for accelerated scrolling. How would I implement this in Gnome?