I have Ubuntu 12.04 and can't install driver for ATI RadeonHD 2400. I tried different ways:
- Additional driver can't find nothing
- I downloaded the driver from here.
After run in terminal
sudo sh ./. Press Enter and open a new windows in gedit, and after 40 min come an error
gedit don't have enough memoryand close it.
- A friend tell me to install driver manually in TTY , press Ctrl+Alt+F1 => login, here big problem, I can't log in because "login incorrect" and I wrote users and passwords correct.
sudo passwdto change the password, but I get the same problem.
- Synaptic can't find nothing
- If a log in my friend tell me to do
sudo service lightdm stop,
sudo sh ./ name_of_driver.run
What can i do? Why cant login in TTY? If exist a old driver, give me.
Note: in Ubuntu 10.04 additional driver find a very old driver but 12.04 doesn't.