So a couple of days ago, I had my laptop hooked up to my tv via HDMI. I used pavucontrol to disable sound on my laptop and play it through the tv. I changed it back when I was done. Can't remember if I used it right away. Last night I tried to use it and it didn't work. I opened pavucontrol again and switched to the configuration tab where there had previously been a drop down menu allowing me to choose what device to output my sound through. Now there's nothing. It says no card available for configuration. When I open asoundconf-gtk it only has "PCH" and selecting that does nothing either.
Here is my output of pulseaudio -d http://pastebin.com/75SpLihg
And using the guide on the Ubuntu Wiki Pulse Audio page, I made a log http://pastebin.com/rmARXUMD
I've tried deleting the pulse folder from my home directory and restarting the server. After searching on Google, I found similar problems required me to edit /etc/pulse/client.conf and make sure autospawn is set to yes and everything is commented out with a semicolon, which it is. Tried using qasmixer to make sure sound isn't disabled. Nothing works. . I've tried posting on the Ubuntu-Forums.org site and got no help there so I'm trying here because I dont want to reboot into Win7 to stream videos or listen to my mp3s.
Since I don't have reputation for more links, I'll post in the comments for my client and daemon conf files.
Running Lubuntu 12.10 with kernel 3.5.0-24-generic. I hope this is enough info.
Edit: July 29th/13: I decided to create a new user account and everything shows up as normal in pavucontrol. I am able to see the sound card and adjust settings although I didn't actually test the sound. So this appears to be a user configuration error (although if I run gksudo pavucontrol, I still cant access the sound card). I've deleted ~/.pulse as well as the pulse in ~/.config. Still nothing. Not sure what else to delete.