I have been using Ubuntu 12.04, current kernel is 3.5.0.02-generic.
I have downloaded and installed 2 days ago Intel Linux Graphics Installer deb file suitable for Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. After one day, I can not boot in ubuntu, I have a black login screen. This should have generated my problems I suspect.
I have tried the following options in grub menu:
- removing quiet and adding nomodeset options: stuck in the spash screen
- remove splash & quiet: tty1
- remove quiet: black screen
- remove splash & quiet, add nomodeset: tty1
- remove splash: black screen
- replase splash with no splash: black screen
- start old kernel (18.104.22.168): nothing
I have also tried
apt-get -check, -update, -upgrde, -purge, -autoremove,... All no changes.
In recovery mode, I tried
dpkg which resulted in no changes and start in graphics safe mode which stays in terminal.
Whenever I try to
startx from terminal, I receive message
X cannot stat /etc/X11/X
Is there any way to remove packages installed on 30th and 31/3/2013?