I am currently using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and I want to dual boot it with Windows 7. Let me explain what did I do:
- There was only Ubuntu 12.04 on and I get it's image with clonezilla. Ubuntu was installed on sda which is 128 GB SSD and there was a 1TB harddisk for another purposes.
- I desperatly try to install Windows 7 alongside ubuntu but I can't managed it. Windows 7 could not recognize my hard drives.
- So I searched and changed my bios settigs to IDE from RAID.
- I accomplished to install Win7 on sdb1.
- Now I have a running Win7 but there is no sign of SSD on windows. (I know there won't be any ubuntu at boot because mbr writing over grub.)
- After installation I tried to re-install grub but I failed.
- I used a software named "boot-repair" but that failed too.
- I switched my BIOS settings to RAID from IDE and now win7 is not booting.
- I tried to use repair tool in windows 7 installation disk which is another fail.
- Switched back to RAID and installed brand new ubuntu on sda.
- Used clonezilla to restore my first ubuntu back on sda.
- Tried to use "boot-repair" but failed again.
In BIOS in storage device options my settings is RAID. I have ubuntu installed on my sda. I have win7 installed on my sdb1. My boot is grub and it only shows ubuntu.
And here is an information about my disks situation which is created with "boot-repair"
My question and desire is simple. I want to dual boot these two systems. If I can add win7 which is in sdb1 at the moment into grub2 my problem will be solved. You can answer it here or I am willing to read any guide you can link to me. But I must say I read a lot of guides none helped. Bootloader could be grub or mbr doesn't matter. I can format all the harddisks there is no important information on both ssd and hdd (which I tried but I failed that too.). I have an external 1tb usb harddrive (if it can help any).
Thank you for your time to read my problem. =)