Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for the gnome equivalent program to kControl.

I'm reading some online stuff and it says now run kControl, but I'm on gnome, so what is the program for gnome that serves the same purpose.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

You're looking for gnome-control-center. Its not exposed in the UI, but you can access it via the Run As dialog or the terminal.

main screen of g-c-c

share|improve this answer
It shows up for me in the System menu below Preferences and Administration. – Matthew Crumley Aug 20 '10 at 4:37
hmmm. that's not the default IIRC, only if explicitly enabled. – lfaraone Aug 20 '10 at 5:06
I don't remember adding it, but I've done lots of things I don't remember later, so that's definitely a possibility :-) – Matthew Crumley Aug 20 '10 at 15:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.