Tried to play Dota 2 through Wine and got terrible performance, is it AMD drivers fault or generally Wine fault? If it's AMD drives fault, does NVIDIA have better drivers for linux based systems?
My hardware: 1. i7 3770k. 2. AMD HD6870. 3. 8GB of RAM.
Did the above steps on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit with default window manager.
- Installed AMD drivers through software sources.
- Installed Wine1.5: a. Changed wine to work in 32bit mode. b. Added d3dx9, dotnet, dwrite, wininet and vcrun20005/8 through winetricks.
- Installed steam through Wine.
- Installed Dota 2.
- Tried to play Dota 2, fps was around 60-70 but the animation was jumpy and generally performance was bad.
- Just for testing i removed fglrx drivers, and stayed with the standard ones, fps in Dota 2 was low around 8-15fps, but animation wasn't glitchy or jumpy.
Thanks in advance